cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied

Stavrowsky
Making moves

I have been using Firefox since it first came out.  Lately I haven't been able-to.  When I try to log into several different retail pages, I get an "access denied" message.  I have tried all the various 'fixes' suggested on the Internet to no avail... including turning off my VPN and completely clearing the cache.  I NEVER have that problem with Chrome or Edge.  Never.  Why so with Firefox?  I'd prefer to keep using it.... but it is useless to me if I cannot access websites.  I've pretty much been forced to default to Chrome.

3 REPLIES 3

Pally1
Making moves

Absolutely the same thing here in the past few days using the latest version- had to switch to chrome

Luca_Pavan
Familiar face

Usually happens when you enable strict protection on settings so you're blocking critical content than should be running. You can click the shield icon on address bar and disable anti-tracking service temporarily, then should work. Did you already read Firefox troubleshooting guides?

jscher2000
Leader

U.S. Stubhub users are all experiencing this, but in most cases, it only affects a handful of users at a time.

The "Access Denied" message with a Reference# is characteristic of a perimeter security system/Web Application Firewall designed to prevent bot and other suspicious connections to the website. Some possible reasons for this problems:

• Your IP address is temporarily restricted from accessing the site. This is more common if you try to access the site using a VPN because your IP address is the same as many strangers.
  • Your browser's header data looks unusual. Headers include your browser user agent, the referring site, preferred languages, and cookies (if previously set by the site). Some add-ons may modify headers in a way that looks suspicious to these systems.

If you can't find the source of the problem, I suggest posting on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ